Playback rooms are open classrooms where you can, independently or in a group of up to 10, access class content and engage with the material. Sitting around a virtual table, you can review class recordings and PDFs, participate in polls, ask and answer questions in the Q&A, take notes, and - if in a group - chat, talk, and learn with other classmates.
This article covers:
- Accessing Playback Rooms
- Playback Player & Class Recordings
- Playback Room Features
- Playback Room Settings
- View Self-Paced Materials [Engageli 3.0]
- Playback Room Attendance
- Invite Other Participants
Accessing Playback Rooms
You can access Playback Rooms directly from the same link that you use for your live Engageli classes.
1. Go to your classroom login page.
2. Select Playback room at the top of the screen.
3. Enter a display name, and then click Enter Playback Room.
Playback Player & Class Recordings
Playback Rooms open to a view of the Playback Player and a list of class recordings. Choose a class recording or video to watch from the list, and then click the play video button in the middle of the playback player.[In Engageli 3.0, use the Select Recording drop-down menu.] Then, you can easily engage with the recording and material. Try doing the following:
- Move through the video recording (play, pause, fast forward, back up).
- Answer polls as they come up in a class recording.
- Respond to class polls and view shared poll responses from the class.
Playback Room Features
In addition to watching class recordings and videos, you can
- Take notes and review notes taken in the live class.
- Ask and answer questions from class in the Q&A.
- Share a screen.
- Share a PDF. [Engageli 3.1 only]
- Open a whiteboard for brainstorming, sketching, and diagramming.
- Complete assigned Modules. [Engageli 3.1 only]
- View the transcript of a class recording.
- Use reactions and sounds.
- Chat with other users in the Playback room.
- Request help from instructors and TA(s). [Engageli 3.1 only]
- View Self-Paced Materials (PDFs).
Playback Room Settings
Click Settings to open the Playback room settings:
- Audio & Video - add a virtual background, blur your background, or change your audio output devices.
- Display Captions - Display closed captions for audio.
- Appearance - Change the platform interface language [Engageli 3.1 only] or theme color.
In Engageli 3.0, Click the More Actions (three dots) menu to open the Playback room settings.
View Self-Paced Materials [Engageli 3.0]
1. Click the Actions button at the bottom of the screen.
2. Select Self-Paced Materials.
3. Choose the material you want to view.
4. When you're done, click the red X in the bottom right corner to close the PDF.
Note: At this time, you can’t download the file, but you can take screenshots using the Notes, and then download your notes for later review.
Complete Modules [Engageli 3.1]
1. Select Modules from the bottom toolbar. Any modules will appear in the right pane.
2. If the modules have to be completed in order, they will be grayed out until you complete the module. You will also have to complete the tasks in the order assigned
3. If the modules do not have to be completed in order, you can pick any module and tasks to complete.
4. When you finish all the tasks, the module will be marked complete.
Playback Room Attendance
You can earn attendance credit by watching the class recording in the Playback Room for any class sessions you missed. Ask your instructor about any policies or guidelines regarding Playback Room attendance.
Invite Other Participants
You can invite others to a Playback Room for group project work, a study hall session, or to review a class recording or class content as a group.
Click Invite & Info [link icon] on the bottom right of the screen to get the invite link.
You can invite participants on the roster or guests who are not on the roster.
As the host who started the group, you will retain the playback controls. That means you will control which class recording, video, or module is selected for review. You can also mute and ask others to unmute as needed. To pass the playback controls to another participant:
1. Open the Gallery [Tablemates in Engageli 3.0] at the bottom of the screen.
2. Then click the three-dot menu in the person's video feed.
3. Click Make Host.
Need more help? Contact Support.