Open seating is the default, but sometimes it can be helpful to assign seats for certain times or specific activities during the session.
You can save multiple presets to use at different times during the class (e.g. start of class, activity time, quiz time, etc.). This allows you to easily ‘move’ learners into different pre-assigned groups without having to use class time to create them.
- Go to the Admin Portal.
- Click Class Management from the menu on the Left.
- Select your class from the list of Active Classes or use the search field to find your class.
- Click the class name.
- Select Tables & Presets from the menu on the left.
- Click the Tables tab to add custom names for each table, if desired.
- Click the Presets tab to create or upload a preset.
- Click View a sample/CSV template here to open the template as a Google Document.
- Choose File > Make a copy. You can name this copy whatever you like.
- Add each learner’s email and the table you want them added to upon joining. In this example, we have placed three students in each project group. Upon login, they will automatically be placed at Project Group 1 table and Project Group 2 table. Please note: The tables in your .cvs file must match the names of the tables you created in step 6. If you did not rename tables, use the default table names: Table 1, Table 2, Table 3, etc.
- When finished, go to File > Download > Comma-separated values (.csv, current sheet) to save the file to your computer.
- Click Upload Preset.
- Name the preset and add a description if helpful (ex: Group Activity - Use this preset when you start group activity).
- Upload the preset by clicking Files, and then Add.
- Once presets have been uploaded, you will see a learner’s assigned location for each preset saved next to their name in the Roster tab in the portal.
Note: Without presets, you can still assign learners to randomly-combined groups of select sizes (1-10 learners) at any time. Click here for instructions.
Need more help? Contact Support.