Similar to creating random table arrangements, instructors can split learners into table groups based on similar or dissimilar poll responses. You can now easily skip or set aside tables during these table arrangements.
The number of tables to skip corresponds to the first nine tables in the classroom, left to right. If you choose to skip 1 table, no learners will be assigned to Table 1. If you choose to skip 2 tables, no learners will be assigned to Table 1 or Table 2. All users (learners, TAs, and instructors) can take part in polls, but TAs won’t be re-arranged when you use the “Split Learners by Poll Results” feature. If they are placed at a skipped table, they will remain at the table, but no other learners will be assigned to that table.
- Run the poll in your shared presentation or PDF. (Note: Splitting learners based on poll results is applicable only for single-answer polls.)
- Click Start Poll Split.
- Select whether you want to split learners by Diverse or Common responses.
- Use the slider to the maximum number of learners you want at each table. (TAs won’t be moved to a different table.)
- Use the slider to choose the number of learners per table.
- If you want to skip or set aside certain tables, use the slider to select the tables.
- Click Confirm.
When to use:
- When you have support individuals, such as teaching assistants, administrative staff, or mentors who will not take part in table activities based on poll results
- When you have a dedicated support table, with individuals who you’d like to place at that table to assist learners
- When you have someone observing your teaching and you’d like to place them at a set table so you can join and discuss their observations while learners work in their table groups
- When you have guests who you would like to place at one table so you can join the table and discuss the poll results or other content while learners work in their table groups
- When you have guests who you would like to place at one table so you can easily add them to a panel or ask them to join the podium
Need more help? Contact Support.