Closed captions must be enabled at an organization level prior to enabling captions for each individual classroom. For more information about how to check if your organization has captions enabled, see this article.
Once closed captions have been enabled at an organization level, each classroom will have captions set to off by default. Classes that had closed captions enabled prior to version 3.0.58 will need to have this feature enabled on a per classroom basis.
- Go to the Admin Portal.
- Click Classes (Class Management in v3.0) from the menu on the Left.
- Select your class from the list of Active Classes or use the search field to find your class.
- Click the class name.
- Select Details.
- Click the Live Configuration tab (Configuration tab in v3.0).
- Click the Checkbox next to Captions during live session to adjust.
- We also offer the option to create a caption .vtt file which contains the audio transcript and timestamps for playback rooms.
- To enable this feature, click the Checkbox next to Create caption vtt file when recording.
- Captions must be enabled in the classroom for them to also show up in the playback room.
- Click Save changes.
- Once closed captions have been enabled for a classroom the instructor will need to turn on the feature for each session. For more information, see this article.
Need more help? Contact Support.