It's easy to record and share class recordings within Engageli so you and your learners can revisit class discussions, content, and material as needed!
1. To access recording settings, go to the Admin Portal.
2. Click Classes on the left to expand the menu.
3. Select your class or use the search field to find your class.
4. Click Details.
5. Select the Common Configuration tab and check "Make recordings private by default" if you'd like to manage the release of recordings instead of them being available automatically.
6. Select the Live Configuration tab
- Check "Record learners' videos" if you want to include in the class recordings the video feeds of learners who raise their hands to join the podium. If this option is unchecked, only the learners' audio will be captured in the recording.
- Check "Allow recording of class gallery" to include the Class Gallery in the recording.
- Check "Auto start recording" if you want the recording to automatically start after you log in and launch the classroom. This is helpful in case you forget to start the class recording.
Note: Settings will persist between class sessions. This means the setting(s) you selected most recently will be the default for future classes unless you change it.
1. Once the class has started, click the Record button at the bottom of the screen.
Recording Indicator When the class is being recorded, a red dot will appear in the top right corner of the instructor's video and an audio notification will be played. Learners and instructors on the browser will see the following:
2. While recording, you can pause, stop, or continue the recording at any time.
3. If you want to pause the recording, click the Record button to pause.
4. If/when you want to resume the recording, click the Record button again to resume.
5. The recording will stop when the session ends and the instructor leaves the class. After class, a link to the recording will be emailed to the email address that you used to sign into Engageli. Each instructor listed on the roster will receive the email. The recording link is sent from a "do not reply" address, so if you don’t see it within five minutes to one hour, please check your Spam folder. Click here to learn which components are included in the class recording and ways you can optimize the recording for asynchronous learning in the Playback Room.
1. Under your class, go to Recordings and you will see a list of all recordings.
2. You can easily change the name of the recordings by clicking the titles listed under Name.
3. You can mark individual recordings private and upload third-party captions.
4. If needed, you can delete a recording by selecting the checkbox to the left of the name, and then clicking the Delete icon in the upper right corner of the screen.