- Click the More Actions (three-dot) menu in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Select Block Mics of All Learners. All learner microphones will be blocked. They will not be able to unmute.
- To unblock the microphones, unselect Block Mics of All Learners in the More Actions menu.
Note: After this setting is enabled, the microphone of any learner who later joins the session will be blocked. TA microphones are not blocked.
When to use:
- During a class with K-12 learners, you may need to ensure that learners are not unmuting during direct instruction, presentation, or lecture. Using this feature means learners cannot unmute their mics so they cannot disrupt the class.
- When teaching large classes (>50 or more), managing individual learners' mics can become difficult and learners may inadvertently unmute. Using this feature allows you to conduct presentations with a large number of learners without disruptions.
- If you are conducting a webinar and you have panels or experts speaking or presenting and you would like to avoid disruption from open mics of participants, this feature hard mutes all microphones, including participants raising their hand to go to the Podium.
Need more help? Contact Support.