These notes provide information about the release of Engageli 3.1.49, including new and enhanced features, improvements, and resolved issues.
- Disable Raise Hand Button
- Instructors can disable the raise hand button for all participants (learners, TAs, and guests) in the More Actions (three-dot) menu. Any participant on the podium will be immediately removed when this setting is enabled. This setting does not persist between sessions.
Raise Hand button enabled
Raise Hand button disabled
Playback Room Updates
- The Chat is disabled and removed from Playback Rooms when Interaction Controls are enabled.
Admin Portal Updates
- Start Class in Restricted to Staff Only Mode
- New setting under Classes > Live configuration: Start Class in restricted to staff only mode. This setting can be enabled independent of the Interaction Controls. When enabled, learners will be prevented from joining and provided with the message “Only staff members can join the class, waiting for opening”. To allow learner access, instructors, once inside the classroom, can click Allow Learners in the snackbar message or uncheck Staff Only Mode in the More Actions (three-dot) menu. This setting is also included in the in-class Class configuration settings (gear icon).
- Start Learners in Low Bandwidth Mode
- New setting under Classes > Common configuration: Start learners in low bandwidth mode. This setting allows instructors to support learners with low-powered devices or low bandwidth ahead of time and minimize disruptions and instability caused by their network or device. Low bandwidth mode optimizes video and audio for smoother performance. This setting is also included in the in-class Class configuration settings (gear icon).
- Updated Interaction Controls language to clarify that learners can join a classroom but not do anything without the instructor present.
- Default to TCP Mode setting now available
- New setting under Classes > Common configuration: Default to TCP mode. This setting helps reduce disruptions and disconnections from poor network connectivity. It's beneficial for classes with participants joining from different locations or varying internet speeds, if you have experienced choppy audio or video or participants have been disconnected unexpectedly.
- The visibility of usernames in the merged gallery view has been improved.
- The side gallery is disabled in low bandwidth mode.
- Audio from learners on the podium or panel and instructors will get priority when several participants speak simultaneously.
- Updated the blocked microphone and unreachable microphone icons and tooltips.
- Admin Portal
- Improvements have been made to the room expiration time to live (TTL) when closing the Engageli Classroom tab. This should provide more accurate session start and end times when viewing attendance in the Admin Portal.
- Resolved issues with classroom recorders not activating, not recording, and improved general recorder functionality.
- Resolved an issue that caused hands to be lowered from the podium when the instructor observed tables.
- Resolved issue with the tooltip for mic unreachable displaying “muted.”
- Resolved an issue with disabled anonymous mode for Q&A.
- Playback Room
- Resolved an issue that caused instructors not to be able to view class recordings marked “Private.”
- Resolved an issue that caused learners who only watched the playback room recording to be marked as not attended when filtering for combined attendance.
- Resolved an issue for the cases where an updated email address caused incorrect offline attendance for that particular learner.
- Resolved an issue that caused incorrect offline attendance and missing gapEnd events in API.
- Admin Portal
- Resolved an issue that caused combined attendance to fail to load.
- Resolved an issue that prevented a recently recorded class from being deleted.
- Resolved an issue that caused the class schedule to incorrectly display in the portal.