You can easily blur or add a different background to your video before you enter your Engageli class!
1. Log into Engageli and next to Camera, select Background Settings.
2. Select one of the background settings or upload your own.
3. Click the Back button.
4. Your new background will display in your video feed.
Note: When you're in the classroom, if you turn on Low Bandwidth Mode, your virtual background will be removed and the background settings will be disabled.
Engageli 3.0In Engageli 3.0, participants can customize the avatar that appears when their cameras are off. Click here to learn more.
Here are two third-party tools we recommend to customize your video background on Engageli.
1. Follow Snap Camera's quick start guide to download and set up your backgrounds.
2. When you're ready to use a background, keep your Snap Camera application open and make sure the background you want is selected.
3. Log into Engageli and choose Snap Camera as the source under Camera.
1. Follow Mhmm's quick start guide to download and set up backgrounds.
2. Log into Engageli and choose Mhmm as the source under Camera.
Note: You may need to clear your cache on your browser or restart your computer in order for the new camera mode to appear.
Need more help? Contact Support.