Engageli tables are strategically designed to increase collaboration between learners. Tables are built so learners will always be in small groups and you do not need to create breakout rooms for activities. This allows you to create rich learning experiences at the tables, while learners also feel simultaneously connected to the larger class and the instructor.
Tables are automatically created in Engageli when the classroom is opened. As tables fill, more tables are created automatically. However, you can manually create as many tables as you'd like 5 at a time with the recommendation being a max of 40.
1. Navigate to My View → Tables.
2. Click ‘Add Five Tables’ until you have enough tables in your classroom.
Table names can mirror the instructional model and range from project group names, book characters, or course topics to fun Harry Potter names! The table names will save from class to class, so you need to set them up once per semester. Don't worry, you can always change them at any time inside the classroom or in the Engageli portal prior to class.
1. Go to Table View, where you can see all the tables in the classroom.
2. Click on the name of the Table to edit and rename it.
Changing Size of Tables
1. If you are teaching on the instructor application, click on the "Settings" menu in the class management bar.
2. Choose ‘Classroom Settings’ in the left tab list of the pop-up window and change the number of available seats at each table.
This change will be reflected in the classroom automatically upon saving. But don't worry, no one will be kicked off their current table if you reduce the number.
Removing Table Reservations
The purpose of reservations on Engageli is to ensure that a student can keep their spot at a table should they lose connection and be kicked out of a class. When a learner re-joins the classroom, they will automatically join that table again and will not be prompted to pick one upon logging in. Because of having an assigned seat at the table, a table of seven present learners and three reserved is considered full.
You may want to remove reservations so students choose a new table each time they log in, free up space at certain tables, or create a random table groups without reservations counted.
1. Within Table View, you can see all reservations represented by a dotted line around a learner’s profile icon.
2. To remove all reservations, choose the "TABLES" drop down menu.
3. Select 'Remove All Reservations"
4. You can remove an individual reservation by clicking on the learner's icon at the table and choosing to remove.
*Please note - individual reservations will be automatically removed after 5 minutes of inactivity
Pat yourself on the back, brush off your shoulder, you're now a pro at working with your Table settings!