Engageli tables are strategically designed to increase collaboration between learners. Tables are built so learners will always be in small groups and you do not need to create breakout rooms for activities. This allows you to create rich learning experiences at the tables, while learners also feel simultaneously connected to the larger class and the instructor.
An Engageli classroom opens with 5 tables, each with 10 seats, by default. As the tables fill with learners, more tables are added automatically. However, you can manually add tables 5 at a time with no more than 40 recommended.
1. Under My View at the bottom of the screen, select Tables.
2. Click Add 5 tables at the top of the screen.
NOTE: At this time, you can not remove tables that have been added to the classroom.
You can easily rename the tables in your Engageli classroom. Table names can mirror the instructional model and range from project group names, book characters, or course topics to fun names based on hobbies or interests.
1. Under My View, select Tables.
2. Hover over the table you want to rename.
3. Click the existing name of the table.
4. Enter the new name.
5. Click the table to save the change.
6. You will see a confirmation notification at the top of the screen.
Note: The new table names will be saved and persist in the Admin Portal and the next time you log into the classroom.
1. Go to the Admin Portal.
2. Click Class Management on the left to expand the menu.
3. Select your class or use the search field to find your class.
4. Click Tables & Presets.
5. Select the row for the table.
6. Enter the new table name.
7. Press Return or Enter on your computer.
8. You will see a confirmation notification at the bottom of the screen.
Change the Number of Seats at Tables
By default, an Engageli classroom opens with the maximum number of seats allowed at a table: 10. As an instructor, you can easily change the number of seats at a table.
Engageli classroom with 10 seats per table
1. Go to the Admin Portal, select Details, and then click the Configurations tab.
2. Select the number of seats for the tables, and then click the Save Changes button.
3. The next time you start your Engageli class, you will see your new classroom configuration.
Pro Tip! When deciding the number of seats, keep in mind that if you have multiple TAs who will visit tables, an available empty seat will be needed. Instructors, co-instructors, and one TA can visit tables without needing an empty seat.
Engageli classroom with 5 seats per table
Note: If you want to change the number of seats at the tables, you must do so before you start the class if you teach using Engageli on Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge. You can change the number of seats during class only if you are teaching on the instructor application.
Remove Table Reservations
The purpose of reservations on Engageli is to ensure that a student can keep their spot at a table should they lose connection and be kicked out of a class. When a learner re-joins the classroom, they will automatically join that table again and will not be prompted to pick one upon logging in. Because of having an assigned seat at the table, a table of seven present learners and three reserved is considered full.
1. Under My View, select Tables.
2. Under Seating arrangement, select Remove All Reservations from the drop-down menu.
You can remove an individual reservation by clicking on the learner's icon at the table and choosing to remove.
*Please note - individual reservations will be automatically removed after 5 minutes of inactivity.