Engageli tables are strategically designed to increase collaboration between learners. Tables are built so learners will always be in small groups and you do not need to create breakout rooms for group activities. This allows you to create rich learning experiences at the tables while learners also feel simultaneously connected to the larger class and the instructor.
Joining tables allows you to leave the podium and “visit” groups of learners at tables, much like “walking the room” in an in-person class. This is great for any group work or discussions.
1. To join a table, click the Tables tab.
2. Hover over the table that you'd like to join and click the JOIN button.
When you join the table, you will see, hear, and interact only with members of the table you joined. This is great when groups have a question on an in-class assignment and you don't want to interrupt the entire class.
3. When you are ready to leave the table, click the Back to podium button. Engageli 3.1 users have several options for returning to the podium.
Note: The audio will automatically switch from Room Mode to Table Mode. When you leave the table, you will have to switch the audio setting back to Room Mode to enable a full-class discussion. Click to learn more about the audio settings.
Creating Random Tables Groups
This is a great way to encourage learner engagement is to randomly arrange table groups for discussions.
1. Go to the Seating Arrangement drop-down menu in the Tables view.
2. Select Random Arrangement Table Size.
3. Choose the number of learners you would like at each table. The system will automatically break learners into randomized groups.
You can also reserve any of the first 3 tables for staff or other participants who you don't want to move during the random arrangement. In Engageli 3.0, this is called Skip Tables.
Note: If learners have a reservation, then they will be treated as learners. Make sure to remove any reservations before you do this! (See instructions on reservations here).
You can save the table arrangement you created as a preset that you can use again. Click for information on how to create a table preset during a class.
Moving Learners to Different Tables
1. Navigate to the Tables view.
2. Click the profile icon of the learner you wish to move.
3. Choose a new table for the learner from the drop-down menu.
4. Or, you can simply drag and drop the learner to a different table.
Peeking at Tables
Use the Peek feature to check in on learners during group activities or discussions without interrupting the flow of conversation.
1. Let your class know that you will be observing tables while they do the group work, quiz, or assignment that you have assigned.
2. Click the Tables tab.
3. Hover over the table that you'd like to observe, and then click Peek.
When you observe a table, you will see and hear only members of the table you joined. Learners will not hear or see you at the table. They will see a general notification that the instructor is observing tables.
Need more help? Contact Support.