Engageli tables are strategically designed to increase collaboration between learners. Tables are built so learners will always be in small groups and you do not need to create breakout rooms for group activities. This allows you to create rich learning experiences at the tables while learners also feel simultaneously connected to the larger class and the instructor.
Joining tables allows you to leave the podium and “visit” groups of learners at tables, much like “walking the room” in an in-person class. This is great for any group work or discussions.
1. To join a table, navigate to the Tables view in the My View menu at the bottom of your screen.
2. Hover over the table that you'd like to join and click the JOIN button.
When you join the table, you will see, hear and interact only with members of the table you joined. This is great when groups have a question on an in-class assignment and you don't want to interrupt the entire class.
3. When you are ready to leave the table, click the Leave table button in the Tables view or in the Table tab.
Note: The audio will automatically switch from Room Mode to Table Mode. When you leave the table, you will have to switch the audio setting back to Room Mode to enable a full-class discussion. Click to learn more about the audio settings.
Creating Random Tables Groups
This is a great way to encourage learner engagement is to randomly arrange table groups for discussions.
1. Go to the Seating Arrangement drop-down menu in the Tables view.
2. Select Random Arrangement Table Size.
3. Choose the number of learners you would like at each table. The system will automatically break learners into randomized groups.
Note: If students have a reservation, then they will be treated as a student. Make sure to remove any reservations before you do this! (See instructions on reservations here).
You can save the table arrangement you created as a preset that you can use again. Click for information on how to create a table preset during a class.
Moving Learners to Different Tables
1. Navigate to the Tables view.
2. Click the profile icon of the learner you wish to move.
3. Choose a new table for the learner from the drop-down menu.