Engageli polls are great for icebreaker activities, checking concept understanding, breakout discussions, or collaboration with tables.
Running a Poll or Quiz in Class
1. To start a quiz or poll, first make sure that you are in your Engageli classroom.
2. Share your screen with the document containing the quiz or poll you want to run.
3. Click the Activate Tag (QR Code) button to start the poll or quiz.
While your quiz or poll is live, the class will see clickable buttons next to each answer choice in lieu of the tags. As learners submit their answers, results are displayed to you in real-time via a pie chart.
Sharing Poll or Quiz Results
1. You can share the results with your class by using the Share Results toggle. This allows learners to see the total number of selections for each answer choice.
Pro Tip! Use poll responses to group learners for discussion. You can ask learners to move to a specific table based on their answer or you can randomly assign tables and have them discuss which answer they chose and why.
Share the Correct Answer to a Poll or Quiz
If your poll or quiz has a correct answer that you would like to share with the learners, you can click the specific option(s) in your screen share. The correct answer(s) will display a check mark when you share the results of the poll or quiz.
Locking the Poll or Quiz
1. Selecting Lock Answers will prevent learners from submitting additional responses or changing responses.
Pro Tip! Locking can be useful for conducting timed polls and quizzes as well as preventing learners from changing their responses while sharing results with the class.
Ending the Poll or Quiz
1. To stop the poll or quiz, click the Activate Tag button again. You can also simply navigate to a different slide.