You can distribute Google documents to each table so that learners can work collaboratively without having to open a new tab or navigate away from Engageli.
Learners will be able to see and edit documents directly on the Engageli screen. This is great for brainstorming sessions, in-class group assignments, worksheets, or presentation preparation.
Note: this feature is best used for files that you want learners to edit together in class. If you wish to simply share notes, presentations, or other files with the class, it is best to use the chat's "Upload File" functionality. A comprehensive guide on how to use the chat can be found here.
Preparing Shared Documents
1. In the Engageli portal, find your classroom and click Materials.
2. Click+ (add materials set) and give the document set a name.
3. Paste the shared links for the Google Documents or Sheets you want to distribute in class. You can distribute one document per table. Learners seated at that table upon joining the class will be shown that document after activating the feature during class.
4. Confirm that the linked documents are made editable for/by your class before distributing them. You should do this directly in the Google Documents that you plan to share.
Note: Engageli currently supports only Google Documents and Google Sheets.
Distributing Documents In Class
1. Start your class.
2. When you are ready to distribute the documents, go to the Actions Menu and choose "Distribute Docs."
3. Learners will then see the Google Documents you have shared and be able to edit directly on the documents.
Note: When distributed docs are activated, learners will not be able to click out of this view to switch to "TABLEMATES" or "CLASS GALLERY" views.
4. When you are ready to collect the documents, click collect documents. After clicking, learners will no longer be able to see or edit the document.
If you are teaching on the application ONLY, and want to change the document link(s) you can do so at any point throughout the class. If you are teaching on the browser, you must go into the Engageli portal to make any changes.
1. Open the "Settings" menu in your class management bar.
2. Under "Shared Materials," you can view and edit the material set you created.
3. Click "LOAD SET" to save your changes.