It's easy to record and share class recordings within Engageli so you and your learners can revisit class discussions, content, and material as needed!
Recording Settings (Pre-Class)
1. To access recording settings, go to the Admin Portal.
2. Click Class Management on the left to expand the menu.
3. Select your class or use the search field to find your class.
4. Click Details.
5. Select the Configuration tab.
6. Check Record learners' videos if you want to include in the class recordings the video feeds of learners who raise their hands to join the podium. If this option is unchecked, only the learners' audio will be captured in the recording.
7. Check Auto start recording if you want the recording to automatically start after you log in and launch the classroom. This is helpful in case you forget to start the class recording.
Note: Settings will persist between class sessions. This means the setting(s) you selected most recently will be the default for future classes unless you change it.
Recording During Class
1. Once the class has started, click the green dot (Record Lecture) to begin recording.
2. While recording, you can pause, stop, or continue the recording at any time.
3. If you want to pause the recording, click the red dot (Stop Recording).
4. If/when you want to resume the recording, click the green dot (Record Lecture) again.
5. The recording will stop when class ends.
After class, a link to the recording will be emailed to the email address that you used to sign into Engageli. Each instructor listed on the roster will receive the email. The recording link is sent from a "do not reply" address, so if you don’t see it within five minutes to one hour, please check your Spam folder.
Click here to learn which components are included in the class recording and ways you can optimize the recording for asynchronous learning in the Playback Room.
When the class is being recorded, a red dot will appear in the top right corner of the instructor's video. Learners and instructors on the browser will see the following:
Instructors using the application will see the record lecture icon change from green to red.
Recordings After Class
After class, you can access recordings in the Admin Portal.
1. Under your class, go to Recordings and you will see a list of all recordings.
2. You can easily change the name of the recordings by clicking the titles listed under Name.
3. If needed, you can delete a recording by selecting the checkbox to the left of the name, and then clicking the Delete icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
Learners can easily review class recordings in the Playback Room. Playback Rooms are open classrooms where learners can, independently or in a group of up to 10, access class content and engage with the material. Learners can review class recordings, participate in polls, ask and answer questions in the Q&A, take notes, and - if in a group - chat, talk, and learn together.
Using the same link for logging into the live class, learners select "Playback room" at the top of the screen. Click here to learn more.
Need more help? Contact Support.