The panel feature allows you to host panelists within an Engageli classroom. This is great for guest speakers or panelists who are not sharing screens. We recommend that you host a maximum of 10 participants on a panel.
- Starting a Panel
- Remove a Panelist
- End a Panel
- Guest Speakers with Screen Sharing Needs
- Panels in Recordings
Starting a Panel
To start a panel, you simply add learners to the panel.
1. Select the Class Gallery tab at the top of the screen.
2. Move each panelist into a panel by hovering over their video feed and selecting Add to Panel. At this time, you must add each learner individually.
The panelists you have moved will appear in the primary view for all students. We recommend that you host a maximum of 10 participants on a panel.
3. Learners can interact with the panelists by raising their hands to ask questions or through chat.
4. If you run a poll or need to direct your learners away from the panel, you can always direct their views back to the panel.
Remove a Panelist
5. You can remove individual panelists by selecting Remove from panel in the panelist’s video feed.
End a Panel
6. To end the panel, click the Present button at the bottom of the screen and then click Stop.
Guest speakers with screen-sharing needs
If a guest speaker or panelist is planning to share their screen during the presentation, the best option would be to have them raise their hand (to join the podium), then share their screen. That way, learners can see both the speaker and the presentation.
In a recording, the panel appears as follows. When there are multiple participants in the panel, the screen is filled with video feeds.
Please Note: Remember that if a panelist shares their screen, the screen share will automatically become the learners’ primary view (not the video feeds on the panel).
Need more help? Contact Support.