If you use a Mac and cannot share your screen with the class, you need to allow Engageli to screen record and screen share in the system preferences. You will still be able to "share," but you'll notice that nothing will appear in your screen share preview, and learners will not be able to see your screen share.
Note: You’ll know this applies to you if when you click “SHARE” most of the items are grayed out or blank.
Using the Instructor Application
1. To grant permission to share your screen on a Mac computer, click on the Apple icon in the top left corner of your screen.
2. Select "System Preferences" from the drop-down menu.
3. Select "Security & Privacy" from the pop-up window.
4. Under the Privacy tab, scroll down and select "Screen Recording." Ensure that the Engageli icon is checked.
5. You will likely be prompted to restart the application for this change to take effect. If you need to do this during class, learners will not be impacted. They will be able to stay logged into the class until you return.
1. To check your “Sharing” settings, click on the Apple icon in the top left corner of your screen.
2. Select “System Preferences” from the drop-down menu.
3. Click “Sharing” from the pop-up window.
4. Check the box for “Screen Sharing” if it is not already selected.
Note: If the box for “Remote Management” is checked, you might not be able to share your entire screen on Engageli, and will need to contact an Administrator at your institution. However, you will be able to share browser tabs.
You should now be able to share your screen with the class, but if you are still having trouble you should answer the following questions:
1. What device are you using? We currently do not support mobile or tablet devices. If a user is on one of these, instruct them to join via laptop, computer, or Chromebook.
2. Do you have 3rd party anti-virus software that is blocking screen sharing? Check your 3rd party anti-virus software.
3. Did your permissions get reset? Sometimes permissions are reset without any notification, so recheck your settings to make sure Engageli has permission to share and record your screen.
If none of this works, reach out to our Support team.
You can also use the PDF Live share to share a presentation directly in Engageli without sharing your screen.