The Notes, Chat, and Q&A features help foster an active learning and collaborative environment.
Learners, TAs, and browser-based instructors can take notes directly in Engageli during class. The Notes are private, downloadable for future reference, and persist, so you will see them each time you log into an Engageli classroom.
1. To take notes, select the NOTES tab.
2. Type in the Start typing field, and then either hit return or enter on your keyboard or click the send icon to add your note.
3. Click the camera icon to take a screenshot of a shared screen or presentation. Note: You are not able to take screenshots of the class gallery view to protect the privacy of all class participants.
4. Hit Click to annotate to highlight, add text, or other notations to the screenshot.
5. Click Save & Close to save your annotations.
6. Click the download icon to export your notes as a .docx file.
A timestamp is displayed next to each note taken so you can easily find your place if watching back recordings later.
You can delete entries by clicking the trash bin icon to the right of the notes.
Your notes persists across class sessions and also you will see your notes when you review class recordings in the Playback room.
On Engageli, you can send direct messages to individual learners, the instructor or co-instructor, staff (instructors and TAs), tablemates, or the entire class.
2. Enter your message.
3. Click the smiley face to add emojis.
5. You can also attach files to messages and download the chat thread.
Note: Chats are deleted for individuals as soon as you log out of the classroom or the class has ended.
Click the Q&A tab on the right-side panel.
Ask a Question
To ask a question, click on the Q&A tab and type your question. Once posted, the entire class will receive a notification and be able to view and reply to the question. Select Anonymous mode to submit your question anonymously.
Answer a Question
To reply to a question, click on the question to be answered and write your reply in the space below. As the instructor or co-instructor, any answer you post on a question will appear green, signifying that it is correct. Select Anonymous mode to submit your answer anonymously.
Download the Q&A
All users can click the download button to download the Q&A thread. Instructions can also download the Q&A thread in the Admin Portal. In the Admin Portal, select Q&A from the menu on the left, and then click DOWNLOAD Q&A.
Only Instructions and TAs can:
Mark the Correct Answer
To approve an answer as correct, hover over the entry in the forum and click on the thumbs-up icon. When an answer is approved, it becomes green within the forum.
Note: More than one answer may be marked as correct.
Remove a Question or Response
To remove a question or answer from the Q&A, hover over the question or answer and click the bin icon to delete it.
Note: Teaching Assistants (TAs) can also mark correct answers and remove questions or responses.
Engagement Tip! Q&A threads always persist between class sessions and you will see all posted questions and answers whenever you log into the classroom. This can be helpful when reviewing material for a quiz or exam. You can download the Q&A thread to save for later review.
Need more help? Contact Support.