As an instructor, you can assign TAs to help support your class. Follow the guidelines below to learn how to designate a TA for your class.
If you use Engageli with an LMS integration (Canvas, Blackboard, Moodle, etc.), TAs should be designated in the course settings within the LMS. There is nothing else you need to do in the Engageli portal.
If you do not use Engageli with an LMS integration and would like to designate a TA for your class:
1. Go to the Admin Portal.
2. Click Class Management on the left to expand the menu.
3. Select your class or use the search field to find your class.
4. Click Details.
5. Click the Roster tab.
6. Select the person you want to designate as a TA. If they are not on the roster, add them.
7. Click the pencil icon to update the person’s role.
8. Select ‘TA’ and then click Update.
TAs sit at tables with the learners and they have the following capabilities within the Engageli classroom:
- TAs can send and receive messages to ‘Staff’ in the chat to backchannel with fellow TAs and instructors.
TAs can see poll results before they’re shared with the rest of the class.
- TAs can approve answers in the Q&A. Answers marked as ‘Approved’ appear at the top of the list.
- TAs can submit answers in the Q&A that are automatically ‘Approved’ and appear at the top of the list.
- TAs can delete questions and responses posted in the Q&A.
- TAs do not get moved during randomly assigned tables.
- TAs can move between tables, even during preset table arrangements.
- TAs can visit full tables.
- TAs can see the engagement markers on learner video feeds in the class gallery.
- TAs can approve a learner’s screen share request.
- TAs can mute a learner.
- TAs can ask a learner to unmute.
- TAs can turn off a learner’s camera.
- TAs can ask a learner to turn on their camera.
- TAs can move learners to different tables.
- TAs can change the user role for others.
- TAs can block a learner from class.
- TAs are distinguished by a blue ‘TA’ badge in the gallery and at their tables and also a blue circle around their icon in the Tables view.