When recording a class on Engageli, follow the guidelines below to ensure an optimized recording for asynchronous learning in the Playback room.
|Included in the recording
|NOT included in the recording:
|Instructor audio/video when visiting tables
|Learner audio/video the podium (raised hands)
|Learner video while at tables
|Learner audio in Room Mode
|Conversations at tables in Table Mode
|Screen shares to the entire class
|Screen shares to tables
|Learner reactions (thumbs up/down)
|Shared table documents
|Engageli class whiteboards
|Engageli table whiteboards
|Shared class documents
- If you are not sharing materials such as a presentation deck or document during the class, your instructor video will appear in a large view in the recording. If you do not want to appear in a large view in the recording, then you should continue to share your screen.
By default, Learners' video feeds in the Class Gallery are not recorded for privacy reasons. You can enable the recording of the Class Gallery in the Admin Portal. Click here to learn how class recordings can be configured to include or exclude your learners’ video feeds on the podium or the Class Gallery.
- In Room Mode, which is the Engageli default, learners will be recorded regardless of whether they raise their hands or not. Room Mode captures all audio in the classroom.
- Discussions that happen at the tables when Table Mode is enabled are not recorded.
Tables and Group Activities
If you are doing group activities, and are visiting tables, the recording will not pause automatically. If you are conducting group activities within the tables, you should pause the recording until you regroup so that there is no blank air time.
- If you run a poll during your class, as an ice breaker or to check for understanding, learners watching the recording can also participate in the poll. After you turn on the poll, the poll will be displayed in the recording. If you want asynchronous learners to see the live results, click "Share Results" in the live session. Asynchronous learners will need to answer the poll before seeing the live results.
- Any questions posted in the Q&A during the live class will be displayed in the Playback Room. Learners watching the recording can answer the same questions that were posed in the live session. The questions will appear to any learner who attended, whether during the live session or viewing the recording in the Playback Room.
- Messages sent in the Chat are not included in the recording and do not persist in the Playback room.
- If you distribute a Class or Table Whiteboard to learners during the session, these will be included in the recording. We recommend instructing asynchronous learners to replicate any whiteboard activities done in the live class, as the host can open a whiteboard in the Playback Room.
Need more help? Contact Support.