When recording a class on Engageli, follow the guidelines below to ensure an optimized recording for asynchronous learning in the Playback room.
|Included in the recording||NOT included in the recording:|
|Instructor audio/video||Instructor audio/video when visiting tables|
|Learner audio/video the podium (raised hands)||Learner video while at tables|
|Learner audio in Room Mode||Conversations at tables in Table Mode|
|Screen shares to the entire class||Screen shares to tables|
|Panels||Learner reactions (thumbs up/down)|
|Video clips||Engageli whiteboards*|
- If you are not sharing materials such as a presentation deck or document during the class, your instructor video will appear in a large view in the recording. If you do not want to appear in a large view in the recording, then you should continue to share your screen.
- Learners' video feeds in the Class Gallery under My View will never be recorded for privacy reasons. If you choose to include learners' video feeds in the recording, the videos appear only if the learners raise a hand and are at the podium. Click here to learn how class recordings can be configured to include or exclude your learners’ video feeds.
- In Room Mode, which is the Engageli default, learners will be recorded regardless of whether they raise their hands or not. Room Mode captures all audio in the classroom.
- Discussions that happen at the tables when Table Mode is enabled are not recorded.
Tables and Group Activities
If you are doing group activities, and are visiting tables, the recording will not pause automatically. If you are conducting group activities within the tables, you should pause the recording until you regroup so that there is no blank air time.
- If you run a poll during your class, as an ice breaker or to check for understanding, learners watching the recording can also participate in the poll. After you lock the polls and share the results in the live session, the poll will be displayed in the recording.
- Any questions posted in the Q&A during the live class will be displayed in the Playback room. Learners watching the recording can answer the same questions that were posed in the live session. The questions will appear to any learner who attended, whether during the live session or viewing the recording in the Playback room.
- Messages sent in the Chat are not included in the recording and do not persist in the Playback room.
In Engageli 3.0, Engageli class whiteboards will be included in class recordings. Table whiteboards, like table conversations and other table activities, are never recorded for privacy.
If you are already using Engageli 3.0, click here for support articles.
Need more help? Contact Support.