Camera issues can happen for a number of reasons. First, check that your camera is on and that you've granted camera permissions.
If that doesn't work, we're here to help!
Click here if you use a Mac.
Checking Your Camera During Class
1. Make sure the camera image indicates that your camera is on.
2. Check that you have connected the correct camera to the Engageli classroom through Settings (gear icon).
Granting Permission to Use Camera from Browser
1. Click "Allow" on the pop-up permission prompters when you first log into your class.
2. If you do not see this option, click on the lock icon in the top left corner of your screen next to your address bar. Make sure the camera is toggled to "Allow."
1. Click"Allow" on the pop-up permission prompters when you first log into your class.
2. If this is not an option, click on the lock icon in the top left corner of your screen next to your address bar. Ensure from this menu that your camera is set to "Allow."
Granting Permission to Use Camera from Computer (PC)
1. Go to your system settings, which you can find by searching "settings" in your finder.
2. Next, click on "Privacy" from the resulting menu.
3. Click "Camera" from the privacy menu.
4. Make sure that your camera is allowed on your device (which is the default), and that "Allow apps to access your camera" is toggled on.
5. Next, scroll down to "Allow desktop apps to access your camera," and ensure that this is toggled on. You should see Engageli on this list.
Is an Anti Virus Disabling Your Camera?
If none of the above steps solve the camera issue, it is possible that an anti-virus application is disabling your camera. The Kaspersky Anti-Virus software is most commonly seen.
1. Go to the taskbar and search for the application "Kapersky Internet Security."
2. Navigate to "Privacy Protection" and click on "Webcam Protection."
3. Clicking on the link will reveal checkable boxes. Be sure that "Block access to webcam for all applications" is not marked with a check.
4. You can then restart your computer and try using your webcam again.
Need more help? Contact Support.