Use a table seating tag to easily put your learners into different table arrangements!
Action Tags Lab
When to Use
You can use one of these three tags to enable:
- Free seating – when you want learners to choose their seats
This is useful for the beginning of the course, while learners are getting to know each other, or for community-building purposes, so learners can move to different tables freely.
- Instructor’s seating – when you want learners to shift to the tables that are listed on the Roster
This is useful for pre-assigned groups or cohorts.
- Random seating - when you want to randomly arrange learners by number per table
This is useful for conducting group-based activities that work best when smaller groups of learners work together. We recommend between 2-5 learners per table.
To use the Action Tags Lab for Table Seating:
1. Go to the Action Tags Lab in the Admin portal.
2. Select Table Seating.
3. Select a table arrangement from the 3 options:
- Switch to free seating
- Switch to instructor’s seating
- Randomize seating arrangement
4. Provide a name for your tag if you want.
5. Copy the tag to paste it into a document or slide.
6. Or, download a copy of the tag to insert in a document or slide.
When the tag is detected in your document or slide, you’ll receive a notification.
Click here to learn more about using tables for active learning.
Click here to learn about automating the detection of your tag.
Need more help? Contact Support.