When you first create your Engageli classroom, you can practice with a robot learner for 10 minutes to help you get familiar with the classroom layout and settings.
From Your Class Registration page:
1. Choose a classroom or enter a name to create a classroom.
2. Select “Click here to have a robot learner join your test classroom."
3. A notification will pop up that says “Robot has joined class.”
4. Click the Go button.
5. Join the class as an instructor.
6. You will see the robot learner join the class gallery within a few minutes.
1. Change the audio mode in the bottom right corner of the screen from Room Mode to Table Mode.
You will see that you no longer hear the robot learner. In Room Mode, everyone hears everyone. In Table Mode, the learners only hear others at their table.
2. Join the robot learner’s table. Under My View, select Tables. Hover over the table with the robot learner, and then click Join.
When you join the table, you’ll see that you can hear the robot learner again. Also, when you join a table, the audio mode automatically switches to Table Mode.
3. Click the Back to Podium button to leave the table.
When you go back to the staff area, you’ll have to switch back to Room Mode, if needed. You will see a notification at the top of your screen.
4. Under My View, go back to Tables.
From here, you can see the different tables. You can drag and drop the robot learner to a different table.
5. Switch your view back to the Class Gallery (under My View).
If you click the three dots inside of the robot learner’s video feed, you’ll see that you can mute the learner, turn the learner’s camera off, put the learner on a panel, and many other actions that might be useful during a session.
Go to the Leveraging in-class features articles to learn more about the features of Engageli you can use as an instructor.