If your browser’s Microphone/Camera permissions are not set, you will be prompted to “Allow” access on the classroom login screen. Use these steps to ensure that Edge or Google Chrome and Mac have the correct permissions.
- Make sure you’re using Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome.
- Go to your Engageli classroom.
- When you first go to the classroom, you will be asked to “Allow” permissions for Engageli. Click the allow button in the middle of the lobby.
- This will prompt you to give permission for Engageli to use your camera and microphone, when you see this second prompt (pictured below), click allow.
- If you don’t see the allow button in the middle of the lobby, you may have already entered the classroom without giving Engageli permission.
- Click the lock icon on the left side of the URL address bar.
- For Edge, click on Permissions for this site then ensure the Camera and Microphone are set to “Allow”.
- For Chrome, flip the switches next to Camera and Microphone to allow access.
- Refresh the page to enable the changes.
- If you’re still seeing that your camera and microphone are not working after following these steps then you’ll also need to adjust the permissions in your Mac settings.
- Click on the microphone/camera icon in the right side of the URL bar, there should be a red X over it to indicate that permission is denied.
- Click Open Settings
- On the left side of the settings you can select Camera, Screen Recording (screen sharing), or Microphone. Check the box next to your browser for each of these options, and then restart your browser for the changes to be applied.
Need more help? Contact Support.