If your browser’s Microphone/Camera permissions are not properly set, you will see “Permission denied” on the classroom login screen. Use these steps to ensure that Google Chrome and your Mac have the correct permissions.
When you first go to the classroom website, ensure that you’re clicking Allow for both microphone and video. If you do not see the pop-up window or see a “Permission denied” message, continue with the next steps.
1. Make sure you’re using Google Chrome.
2. Go to your Engageli classroom URL.
3. When prompted, click Allow for both the microphone and video from the pop-up. If you don’t see the pop-up, continue with step 3a.
a. Click the lock icon on the left side of the URL address bar.
b. Make sure that Camera and Microphone are both toggled on/set to the right (blue).
c. Refresh the web page to enable the changes.
4. If the video icon on the right of the URL bar still shows a red X or you’re still seeing the “Permission denied” message, then you’ll also need to adjust the Chrome permissions in your Mac’s System Preferences.
5. Click Open Preferences or Click the Apple logo in the top left of the screen.
6. Click System Preferences.
7. Select Security & Privacy.
8. Click the lock icon at the bottom to make changes.
9. Enter your password to unlock.
10. Select the Microphone option from the menu on the left.
11. Check the box next to Google Chrome (if unchecked).
12. Select “Later” when prompted to quit & reopen Google Chrome.
13. Select the Camera option from the menu on the left.
14. Check the box next to Google Chrome (if unchecked).
15. Select Quit & Reopen to apply changes.
Note: If you don’t see the Quit & Reopen pop-up, you’ll need to manually quit Chrome (Cmd +Q), and then reopen it.
Need more help? Contact Support.