If your browser’s Microphone/Camera permissions are not properly set, you will see “Permission denied” on the classroom login screen. Use these steps to ensure that Edge or Google Chrome and Windows have the correct permissions.
When you first go to the classroom website, ensure that you’re clicking Allow for both microphone and video. If you do not see the pop-up window or see a “Permission denied” message, continue with the next steps.
1. Make sure you’re using Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome.
2. Go to your Engageli classroom URL.
3. When prompted, click Allow for both the microphone and video from the pop-up. If you don’t see the pop-up, continue with step 3a.
a. Click the lock icon on the left side of the URL address bar.
b. Make sure that the Camera and Microphone have Allow selected from the drop-down menu on the right.
c. Refresh the web page to enable the changes.
4. If you’re still seeing the “Permission denied” message, then you’ll also need to adjust the permissions in your Windows settings.
5. Navigate to the search bar and enter “settings.”
6. Select the Settings option.
7. Select Privacy.
8. Select Microphone on the left sidebar.
9. Flip the switch to allow apps to access your microphone.
10. Select Camera on the left sidebar.
11. Flip the switch to allow apps to access your camera.