Moderated mode gives you the ability to approve learners when they raise their hands.
The default in Engageli is for a learner to be able to raise their hand at any time. However, sometimes you might want to control who can raise your hands and when. This is when you should use moderated mode, which gives you the ability to approve learners from a queue before going to the podium.
- This feature is only available if you are teaching on the instructor application.
- If you choose to run your class in moderated mode and you have a co-instructor teaching with you, there will be some restrictions as to what they can control. For example, they cannot approve a learner to join the podium, only you can. They also cannot turn moderated mode on and off.
- You can turn on moderated mode in the classroom configuration settings (gear icon) or by clicking the More Actions menu, and then selecting Switch to Moderated.
When to use:
- When you have many learners in a discussion and want to make sure that each learner gets a chance to speak
- When you want to control the number of learners who raise their hands to join the podium
- When you want to prevent disruptions during a presentation or lecture