Here are some tips for setting up your PowerPoint presentation when teaching on Engageli using a browser so you can share only what you want and still have a view of the Class Gallery, Chat, Q&A, and the classroom controls.
Adjust Your PowerPoint Settings - First set up your slides before you share your screen on Engageli. The default presentation settings in PowerPoint are for full-screen mode, so change the settings to avoid this and share your slides in a resizable window.
1. Open your PowerPoint presentation.
2. Click the Slide Show tab.
3. Click Set Up Slide Show.
4. Select the 2nd option to change from the default to Browsed by an individual (window).
5. Click Play from Start or Play from Current Slide to expand the presentation in its own window that you can resize and move around the screen.
Share Your Presentation Window - When you’re ready to present, you’ll have the option to share your screen, a window, or a Chrome tab. Be sure to select Window. This will ensure that you share only your presentation window and not your entire screen. Sharing the PowerPoint window will allow you to use other features without interrupting the view of the presentation.
1. Click the Screen Screen with Class button at the bottom of the screen.
2. Click Window.
3. Select your presentation.
4. Click the Share button.
5. In My View, switch back to the Class Gallery to have a view of your learners.
Organize your Presentation Window and Classroom Views - You can move the resizable presentation window and the small screen share preview window around the screen to organize your views and still access classroom controls.
1. Move your presentation window to an area of the screen where you can still see your learners in the gallery, the instructor controls at the bottom, and the Chat or Q&A.
2. Use the arrow keys on your keyboard or mouse to navigate through your presentation. You will be able to see reactions from your learners (i.e., thumbs up/down) as well as monitor the Chat.