Check the privacy and security settings for your browser and computer to make sure Engageli can access your camera and microphone.
Before you join your Engageli classroom, you have to allow Google Chrome to access your computer’s camera and microphone and enable this access in your computer’s settings.
1. Make sure you’re using Google Chrome.
2. Go to your Engageli classroom URL.
3. When prompted, click Allow for both the microphone and video from the pop-up. If you don’t see the pop-up, continue with step 3a.
a. Click the lock icon on the left side of the URL address bar.
b. Make sure that Camera and Microphone are both toggled on/set to the right (blue).
c. Refresh the web page to enable the changes.
4. Click the Apple logo on the top left of the screen.
5. Click System Preferences.
6. Select Security & Privacy.
7. Click the lock icon at the bottom to make changes.
8. Enter your password to unlock.
9. Select the Camera option from the menu on the left.
10. Check the box next to Google Chrome (if unchecked).
11. Select "Later" when prompted to quit & reopen Google Chrome.
12. Select the Microphone option from the menu on the left.
13. Check the box next to Google Chrome (if unchecked).
14. Select "Quit & Reopen" to apply changes.
Note: If you don’t see the Quit & Reopen pop-up, you’ll need to manually quit Chrome (Cmd +Q), and then reopen it.