Here are some tips for setting up your Google Slides presentation when teaching on Engageli using a browser so you share only what you want and still have a view of the Class Gallery, Chat, Q&A, and the classroom controls.
Change Your Settings - First set up your slides before you share your screen on Engageli. The default setting for a slideshow opens the presentation in full-screen mode. Instead, select Presenter View so the presentation opens in full-screen within the browser tab.
1. Open your Google Slides presentation.
2. Click the down arrow next to Slideshow in the upper right corner.
3. Click Presenter View.
4. After the presentation expands within the browser window, you can close the Presenter View screen if you don’t have notes and aren’t using the audience tools.
Share Your Presentation - When you’re ready to present, you’ll have the option to share your screen, a window, or a Chrome tab. Be sure to select the Chrome tab for your presentation, so that you share only your presentation and not your entire screen.
1. Click the Screen Screen with Class button at the bottom of the screen.
2. Click Chrome Tab.
3. Select your presentation.
4. Click the Share button.
5. Your display will shift to your presentation. Click the View tab: button at the top of the screen or select the tab with the red dot to go back to your Engageli classroom.
Organize your Presentation Window and Classroom Views - You can move the presentation window to an area of the screen where you can still see your learners in the gallery, the instructor controls at the bottom, and the Chat or Q&A.
1. Use the Google Slides Presenter View screen to navigate your slides and view any speaker notes and the timer. The learners will only see the presentation slides.
2. Use the arrow keys on your keyboard or mouse to navigate through your presentation. You will be able to see reactions from your learners (i.e., thumbs up/down) as well as monitor the Chat.