Sub-rooms allow instructors to divide their classes into up to five separate sections or large groups. TAs can become instructors in sub-rooms. They can elevate themselves or the instructor can change their role within the sub-room.
To make a TA the instructor in a sub-room first make sure the person is listed as a TA on the roster.
1. Go to the Engageli Admin Portal.
2. Click Class Management on the left to expand the menu.
3. Select your class or use the search field to find your class.
4. Click Details.
5. Click the Roster tab.
6. Select the checkbox next to the person’s name.
7. Click the pencil icon to edit the person’s user role.
8. Select TA.
9. Click the UPDATE button.
To make the TA an instructor in the sub-room.
1. Click the More Actions (three dots) menu.
2. Select Enable Sub-Rooms Mode.
3. Move the participants to the sub-room or ask them to join the room themselves.
4. If you join the sub-room, in the Gallery, click the three-dot menu in the TA's video feed.
5. Select Make Instructor. Note: This will move you to TA. If you move back to the Main room, you will re-join the Main room as the instructor.
6. TAs can elevate themselves to the instructor role in a sub-room using the More Actions (three dots) menu.
Need more help? Contact Support.