Engageli tables are strategically designed to increase collaboration between learners. Tables are built so learners will always be in small groups so there is no need to create breakout rooms for activities. This allows you to create rich learning experiences at the tables, while learners also feel simultaneously connected to the larger class and the instructor.
An Engageli classroom opens with 5 tables, each with 10 seats, by default. As the tables fill with learners, more tables are added automatically. However, you can manually add tables 5 at a time with no more than 40 recommended.
1. Navigate to the Tables view.
2. Click the Actions menu.
3. Select Add 5 tables.
NOTE: At this time, you cannot remove tables that have been added to the classroom.
You can easily rename the tables in your Engageli classroom. Table names can mirror the instructional model and range from project group names, book characters, or course topics to fun names based on hobbies or interests.
1. Go to the TABLES view.
2. Hover over the table you want to rename.
3. Click the existing name of the table.
4. Enter the new name.
5. Click the table to save the change.
6. You will see a confirmation notification at the top of the screen.
Note: The new table names will be saved and persist in the Admin Portal and the next time you log into the classroom.
1. Go to the Admin Portal.
2. Click Class Management on the left to expand the menu.
3. Select your class or use the search field to find your class.
4. Click Tables & Preset.
5. Select the row for the table.
6. Enter the new table name.
7. Press Return or Enter on your computer.
8. You will see a confirmation notification at the bottom of the screen.
Change the Number of Seats at Tables
By default, an Engageli classroom opens with the maximum number of seats allowed at a table: 10. As an instructor, you can easily change the number of seats at a table.
Engageli classroom with 10 seats per table
1. Click the gear icon to open the settings.
2. Select Classroom Configuration.
3. Use the slider to select the number of seats for the tables.
4. Click the Close button. The changes will be applied immediately.
Pro Tip! When deciding the number of seats, keep in mind that if you have multiple TAs who will visit tables, an available empty seat will be needed. Instructors, co-instructors, and one TA can visit tables without needing an empty seat.
Engageli classroom with 5 seats per table
Remove Table Reservations
Table reservations ensure that a learner can keep their spot at a table should they lose their internet connection and get logged out of the classroom. When the learner re-joins the classroom, they will automatically be placed at the same table as before. Because of having an assigned seat at the table, a table of seven present learners and three reserved is considered full.
You may want to remove table reservations to free up space at certain tables or create random table groups without including reservations in the count.
Within Tables view, you can see all reservations represented by a dotted line around a learner’s profile icon.
1. Go to the TABLES view.
2. In the drop-down menu Action, select Remove All Reservations.
3. You can remove an individual reservation by clicking on the learner's icon at the table and then removing it.
Note: Individual reservations will be automatically removed after 5 minutes of inactivity.
Need more help? Contact Support.