This article includes:
- How to Turn on Captions in Engageli
- How to Direct your Learners to Turn on Captions
- Playback Room Transcripts
Captions are available during a live class and transcripts can be viewed in the Engageli Playback Room. The captions capture ONLY the instructor's audio, and learners' audio on the podium when the class is in Room Mode. It does not capture any conversations at individual tables (Table Mode).
How to Turn on Captions in Engageli
1. Click the gear icon for Settings.
2. Select Accessibility.
3. Toggle to Turn on CC.
4. This allows your learners to turn on closed captions. If you would like to see captions, toggle to the right to Display Captions.
5. Click Apply & Close.
6. If you selected Display Cations, you will see a resizable window for the podium captions that you can move around the screen.
7. Click the red X in the top left corner to close the podium captions window.
How to Direct Your Learners to Turn on Captions
After you turn on closed captions, your learners will be able to display them. Direct learners to select Display Captions from the More Actions (three dots) menu at the bottom of their screens.
Playback Room Transcript
When learners watch a recording of your class in a Playback room, they will see captions in the Transcription tab. They can search captions and it will show all recorded captions.
Remember that audio at tables is never recorded. Only the instructor at the staff table, anyone on the podium, all speaking in room mode, and panelists are included in the recording.