This article includes:
When Roster Seating is used in a classroom, learners are assigned to specific tables initially set up on the class roster in the Admin Portal. These serve as default table assignments. Tables can be pre-assigned to learners so that they will automatically be placed at the table you decide. If no table is pre-assigned, the learner will be placed automatically at the next available seat.
Access table presets in the Engageli Admin Portal
1. Go to the Admin Portal.
2. Click Class Management on the left to expand the menu.
3. Select your class or use the search field to find your class.
4. Click Tables & Preset.
Prepare your classroom for table assignments
After you click Tables & Presets, you will see tabs for Tables and Presets. An Engageli classroom opens with 5 tables, each with 10 seats, by default. As the tables fill with learners, more tables are added automatically. However, you can manually add tables 5 at a time but be careful not to add too many, as currently they cannot be removed.
To add tables, click the plus sign icon in the top right corner of the Tables tab.
To add custom table names, click the table name to edit and make changes.
Prepare your roster and table names
You can find a template to import your roster and table names and assignments here. To find this template in the Admin Portal:
1. Click Class Management on the left to expand the menu.
2. Select your class or use the search field to find your class.
3. Click Details.
4. Select the Roster tab.
5. Click the Update class with a CSV icon.
6. Click the link for samples and templates.
Follow the instructions to create a copy of the template in Google Sheets (or download to Excel).
1. Paste or type in the email addresses and names of your learners (columns A and B).
2. Role should be set to “Learner” (column C).
3. Ensure the Table group name matches the name in the portal (column E).
4. Select File -> Download -> Comma Separated Values (.csv). The sheet will be exported as a CSV file into your Downloads folder. You may want to rename the file if you are doing multiple classrooms.
Upload class roster
After you create your roster file, go to the Roster tab in the Admin Portal (Details > Roster).
1. Click the Update Class with a CSV icon.
2. Click BROWSE to select the CSV file from your computer.
3. Click UPDATE.
4. This will update your class, populate the roster and assign table seating.
Apply Roster Seating in the classroom
When you enter your classroom to teach, go to the TABLES view.
From the Seating Arrangement drop-down menu, select Roster Seating.
Any learners present who have a table assigned will be placed automatically at the right table immediately, and as more learners join they will too.
Any learners who are not assigned to a table, or who are not on the roster, will be assigned a seat at the next available table.
Engageli 3.0In Engageli 3.0, instructors and admins can download class rosters in the Admin Portal. Click here to learn more.
Need more help? Contact Support.