These notes provide information about Engageli 3.0.48, including new and improved features, updates, and resolved issues.
When learners and TAs first click the Raise Hand button while the classroom audio is in Table mode, they will see a notification to confirm the action. The prompt notifies the user that everyone in the classroom will hear them if they continue. There is an option to not show this message again.
All users now have video sharing mode as a default classroom setting. Video sharing sends more frames per second, while restricting the resolution to HD, when screen sharing a video. The result is improved quality of screen shares with videos, especially when combined with high bandwidth mode. Video sharing mode improves the viewing experience in both low and high bandwidth modes, and is on by default.
- Custom LMS role mapping for Canvas
Engageli can process and translate Canvas custom roles into specific Engageli roles.
- The LTI Attendance section is only visible in Admin Portal > Class Management if Attendance Passback is enabled for the institution.
- Engagements for Playback Gap Start and End are now available for the API event stream to track pauses during live class recordings.
- The video player for learners is either automatically unmuted when instructors share YouTube video clips or learners can unmute by moving their mouse or touching their keypad. Learners receive a notification so instructors no longer have to ask learners to unmute.
- Resolved issues with uploaded and live class recordings for playback attendance
- Resolved various LTI issues including attendance max score, LTI token cleanup, duplicate email, edit recording refresh status, roster sync, and LTI attendance duplicate grade entries
- Resolved issue with the Speak Time Analytics List View display
- Resolved issue with far right columns in the table preset template file
- Resolved issue with Instructor Application users not seeing learner videos when “Show My Video To All Classmates” is deselected
- Resolved issue with Instructor Application users not being able to scroll the Q&A
- Resolved issue with Instructor Application users not seeing learners added to a Panel by a co-instructor on the browser
- Resolved issue with only browser-based instructors seeing an activated poll while others see QR codes
- Resolved issue with inaccurate unread chat count notification
- Resolved issue with record button disabled for instructors on browser
- Updated copyright date on the Admin Portal login screen
Need more help? Contact Support.