The following are updates to the November 21, 2023 release notes.
- Instructors can block the microphones for all registered and guest learners by selecting Block Mics of All Learners in the live classroom's More Actions (three-dot) menu. This setting blocks the microphones of all learners and learners who join the session after the setting is enabled. Unlike when muting all learners, learners cannot unmute themselves when this setting is enabled. TA microphones are not blocked.
- Instructors can select Staff Only Mode in the More Actions (three-dot) menu to temporarily remove learner access to the classroom. Learners will see an overlay stating “Waiting for instructor” and will not have access to the classroom functionality. After ~30 seconds, learners will be removed from the Class Gallery.
Instructor view in Staff Only Mode
Learner view in Staff Only Mode
- When Interaction Controls are enabled, if the instructor exits the classroom using the “Exit” button, not “End Class for all,” the learners will see a dark overlay that says “Waiting for instructor…” and will not hear anyone or anything until the instructor returns.
Admin Portal Updates
- Improved language to clarify what happens when the Interaction Control settings are enabled or disabled.
- The toxicity filter can be controlled independently of the Interaction Controls.
- For LTI, a custom field can now be used to direct the user to the Admin Portal instead of the lobby.
- Resolved issue with file uploads to the chat.
- Resolved issue with learners entering a classroom without an instructor when Interaction Controls were enabled.
- Resolved issue with the toxicity filter causing a delay in the chat.
- Playback Room
- Resolved issue with user mics being blocked after the host transfers Playback controls to another user.
- Resolved issue with missing facetime files.
Need more help? Contact Support.