Before you can launch the Engageli Learner LTI and Engageli Instructor LTI from your course(s), your Blackboard Administrator will need to add the two LTI external tools to your Blackboard LMS.
1. Register the application with Blackboard:
- Go to Blackboard API Services. Register the application. If you don’t have an account, you will need to create a new one.
- Complete the application registration form. Your Engageli representative will send you the urls. Please remember that you will need to register two tools. One for the Engageli Class Browser Launcher and another for the Engageli Instructor App Launcher.
- Go to “My Apps”, copy and save the Application ID, you will need this for a later step.
- Click on the 3 dots menu and select “Manage Keys”.
- Click on the + sign. Copy and save the information. IMPORTANT: Send this information to your Engageli representative to complete the integration on our end.
2. Now you are ready to set up the Engageli LTI tool in Blackboard. In the Administrator Panel, go to Integrations > LTI Tool Providers.
3. Click on Register LTI 1.3/Advantage Tool.
4. Enter Client ID and submit (Application ID saved in step 1a).
5. In Tool Status, you may notice some fields are pre-populated and there is no need to change those.
- In Domain, add the information provided by your Engageli representative
- In Tool Status, select “Approve”.
- In Institutions Policies > User fields to send, check “Role in Course”, “Name” and “Email”
- Set “Allow grade service access” to No.
- Set “Allow Membership Service Access” to Yes. Submit changes.
6. Navigate back to LTI Providers, select the dropdown menu and choose “Manage Placements”.
7. In Manage Placements, click on “Create Placement”.
8. In Placement Information, add a label (This will be displayed in the course. Add a Handle(unique identifier). Set “Availability” to Yes. In “Type” set Course Tool to “Allow Student Access”. Check “Launch in New Window”. In “Tool Provider Information” add the Target Link URL provided by Engageli.
Need more help? Contact Support.