Once your Canvas Administrator has set up the Engageli LTI external tools in Canvas LMS, you will be able to add the Engageli Class Browser Access and Engageli Instructor App Launcher to your Canvas course(s).
- Canvas administrator needs to set up the Engageli LTI external tools. Instructions here.
- Instructors need to download the Engageli Instructor desktop application.
Reminder: There are 2 LTI components of a Canvas Engageli class.
- Engageli Class browser launcher. This is added to the course, so students can access Engageli via Chrome / Edge browser (recommended) directly from the Canvas course.
- Engageli Instructor app launcher. This is added to the course, so Instructors can launch the Engageli Instructor App directly from their Canvas course.
1. In the Canvas course, select “Module”. Add title and “Add Module.”
2. Add Item to the module by selecting External Tool from the dropdown menu. Select the tool from the list (Engageli Class Browser or Instructor App Launcher). Add Item. If you don’t see the Engageli external tool listed, contact your Canvas admin.
3. Important: Edit the Module details to make sure the tool loads in a new tab.
4. For Student access, make sure you “Publish” the module. Instructor App launcher can stay unpublished to prevent students from viewing it.
Need more help? Contact Support.