The following are updates to the Jan 7, 2022 release notes.
Engageli now has two main audio modes, Room Mode and Table Mode.
- This is the default mode when entering an Engageli classroom.
- An instructor can hear all learners.
- All learners can hear each other, regardless of what table they are seated at.
When used: the beginning of class, or entire classroom discussions
- An instructor only hears learners who have their hands raised.
- Learners can only hear their tablemates or those with their hands raised.
- If an instructor or co-instructor joins a table, Engageli automatically switches to Table Mode.
- If an instructor joins a table, only the learners at that table will hear them and the instructor only hears the learners at that table.
- To hear all tables concurrently, an instructor can choose “Hear tables while on podium in table mode” from the menu options.
When used: small group discussions, activities, group projects
Instructors can easily toggle between the two modes. When using browser-based instruction, instructors can see who they can hear, and who can hear them by hovering over the button for the mode.