Playback rooms are open classrooms where you can, independently or in a group of up to 10, access class content and engage with the material. Sitting around a virtual table, you can review class recordings and PDFs, participate in polls, ask and answer questions in the Q&A, take notes, and - if in a group - chat, talk, and learn with other classmates.
You can access Playback Rooms directly from the same link that you use for your live Engageli classes.
1. Go to your classroom login page.
2. Select Playback room at the top of the screen.
3. Enter a display name, and then click Enter Playback Room.
Playback Rooms open to a view of the Playback Player, which allows you to watch class recordings and other videos. Choose a class recording or video to watch from the Select Recording drop-down menu, and then click the play video button in the middle of the playback player.
Then, you can easily engage with the recording and material. Try doing the following:
- Move through the video recording (play, pause, fast forward, back up).
- Answer polls as they come up in a class recording.
- Respond to class polls and view shared poll responses from the class.
- Review and take notes.
- Ask and answer questions from class in the Q&A.
- Open a whiteboard for brainstorming, sketching, and diagramming.
- View Self-Paced Materials (PDFs).
- Screen Share.
- View the transcript of a class recording.
- Chat with other users in the Playback room. (Select the Accordion "Invite Other Participants" to learn more.)
Click the More Actions (three dots) menu to open the Playback room settings:
- View Keyboard Shortcuts - Access keyboard shortcuts.
- Switch between Dark and Light Theme - Change the platform theme color.
- Display Captions - Display closed captions for audio.
- Low Bandwidth Mode - Reduces the bandwidth use of the platform by removing your video feed and creating a merged gallery.
- High Bandwidth Mode
- Start Tour - Open a step-by-step tour of the Playback Room.
- Leave Feedback - Open a form in a new browser tab where you can leave feedback for Engageli.
- Contact Support for Help - Open a new browser tab with a form to submit a help ticket.
Click the Gear icon to open the audio/video and accessibility settings.
1. Click the Actions button at the bottom of the screen.
2. Select Self-Paced Materials.
3. Choose the material you want to view.
4. When you're done, click the red X in the bottom right corner to close the PDF.
Note: At this time, you can’t download the file, but you can take screenshots using the Notes, and then download your notes for later review.
You can earn attendance credit by watching the class recording in the Playback Room for any class sessions you missed. Ask your instructor about any policies or guidelines regarding Playback Room attendance.
You can invite others to a Playback Room for group project work, a study hall session, or to review a class recording or class content as a group.
Click the Invite & Info button to get the invite link.
You can invite participants on the roster or guests who are not on the roster.
As the host who started the group, you will retain the playback controls. That means you will control which class recording, video, or PDF is selected for review. To pass the playback controls to another participant:
1. Open the tablemates pane by clicking the Open Tablemates button at the bottom of the screen.
2. Then click the three-dot menu in the person's video feed.
3. Click Make Host.
Note: Some of these features are available only on Engageli 3.0.
Click here to learn more about the different versions of Engageli.
Need more help? Contact Support.