If you’re teaching on Engageli using the Google Chrome browser and can only share a Chrome table and not a window or the entire screen, or if you can’t share your screen at all, follow these steps to resolve the issue.
1. Go to the Apple icon in the top left corner of your screen.
2. Select System Settings.
3. Select Privacy & Security.
4. Find the Screen Recording option under the Privacy tab of this menu.
5. Flip the switch next to Google Chrome to enable access.
5. If you do not see Google Chrome in the screen recording section, click the plus icon.
8. Select Google Chrome from your applications folder, and then click Open.
9. Quit and relaunch the browser.
Note: You must restart Google Chrome for these changes to take.
This is only for Google Chrome and not for the Engageli application. Click here for instructions to resolve screen sharing issues using the Engageli instructor application on a Mac.
If screen sharing issues persist, please see steps below.
Check Sharing Settings
1. To check your Sharing settings, go to the Apple icon in the top left corner of your screen.
2. Select System Settings from the drop-down menu.
3. Search for and select Screen Sharing.
4. Check the box for Screen Sharing if it is not already checked.
Note: If the box for Remote Management is checked, you might not be able to share your entire screen on Engageli, and will need to contact an Administrator at your institution. However, you will be able to share browser tabs.
You should now be able to share your screen with the class, but if you are still having trouble you should answer the following questions:
- What device are you using? We currently do not support mobile or tablet devices. If a user is on one of these, instruct them to join via laptop, computer, or Chromebook.
- What browser are you using? We currently do not recommend Safari or Firefox browsers. If a user is on one of these, invite them to join Engageli via Chrome, Edge, or a browser on Chromium (Opera, Vivaldi, Brave).
- Have you tried refreshing the browser? If not, instruct the user to refresh the browser (log out and log back in). Simply taking this action can sometimes solve your problem.
- Do you have an extension running that is blocking screen sharing? Check your extensions or 3rd party anti-virus software.
- Did your permissions get reset? Sometimes permissions are reset without any notification, so recheck your settings to make sure Engageli has permission to share and record your screen.
If none of this works, reach out to our Support team.
You can also use the PDF Live Share to share a presentation directly in Engageli without sharing your screen.
Need more help? Contact Support.